Do you hate standing in front of the camera?
So … you’re looking for a photographer for camera-shy people
Let me guess – you need a great headshot but you are camera-shy.
Actually, you probably have one, but in all honesty, you’re guilty of hating your own photograph. Or perhaps, you quite like it, but it’s not who you are right now (or the message you want to share with the world).
At the end of the day, your snapshot isn’t doing you justice.
How to overcome the fear of being in front of the camera
“But I’m camera-shy!”
I know, but your headshot needs to say more.
You know it.
Your headshot is not just another chore to get out of the way, it’s something that should feel right for you.
Your photos should:
- Be the first thing people look at on your dating website
- Tell visitors something about you and ….
- Make it easy for them to get in touch because you want to ….
- Send out a positive message to the right kind of person
Ultimately…. Your headshot has to MAKE YOUR LIFE HAPPIER.
And make you look good. Here’s my favourite tip right here.
How you can get started …
Think about all of the things that make up your personal brand and what you want others to take away from a glance at your profile page.
Jot down some keywords and phrases and bring them to your shoot. Think about what exemplifies your personal brand to you. Are you a chef? An educator? A writer? Are there props that could help tell your story?
Tell me your ideas!
Does any of this resonate with you…?
1 in 3 people hate being in front of the camera. Feeling camera-shy can strike even the most confident of people. You are not alone.
- It’s important that you feel relaxed and comfortable so you can naturally exude confidence.
- You expect a couple of different shots—in different outfits—so you’ll have a series to choose from.
- You want to tailor your profile picture based on the social media platform you’re using.
- You spend time styling your wardrobe from head to toe, so an outfit guide is a must.
- You want a ‘look’ that matches the image you’re trying to convey.
- You’re really confused looking at photographers’ websites and just need someone to tell you what to do.
- Believe in having fun!
If you answer yes to any of the above, we need to chat.
Why you need to update your headshots?
Should your profile pic be the family vacation, the fun night out, or—worse—the logo or abstract shot? Or should it be a powerful, compelling, and confidence-building headshot that makes prospective clients, employers, and partners want to click “Connect?”
In all honesty, there are plenty of photographers on the Isle of Wight who can snap away to create a quick photo.
However, if you want a picture that looks fresh, natural, and happy and works with a professional that can show you how to feel comfortable, then there is a bit more to it than knowing how to press a button.
So, here’s my promise to you …
- I am not your average ‘click, smile, click’ photographer.
- I am a guiding hand, like an old friend at a school reunion.
- I help with ideas and show you how to deliver them.
- I mentor to gently guide you through the process.
- I know how to get the best out of people.
- I talk in real terms and know when to say ‘let me help’.
- I show you how to look natural in front of the camera.
- I build friendships so I can elicit natural smiles.
And most importantly I am a photographer who knows what it feels like to feel awkward in front of the camera.