What are expressive outdoor portraits?
Expressive outdoor portraits are a way for you to express your personality, inner thoughts, or emotions. I capture them in any number of ways, but outdoor portraits offer a unique opportunity to use the natural light and surroundings to create a one-of-a-kind image.
Whether it’s the bright sun shining on a face in Priory Bay or the way shadows fall across a subject in Firestone Copse, there are endless possibilities for creativity when taking portraits outdoors.
The key element that makes an outdoor portrait expressive is the way you interact with the environment. You may engage in an activity or simply relax and enjoy the scenery.
The setting can be anywhere from a Ryde park to Appley Beach to the side of a busy street in Newport. You can see my favourite Isle of Wight locations here.
Why are expressive outdoor portraits important?
In recent years, expressive outdoor portraits have become increasingly popular. This type of portrait is defined as a photograph that captures the subject’s personality and emotions. While traditional portraits are typically posed and formal, expressive outdoor portraits are more natural and relaxed.
There are many benefits to having an expressive outdoor portrait taken.
- First, it allows the subject to feel more comfortable and relaxed.
- Second, it gives the photographer a chance to capture the subject’s true personality.
- Third, it creates a unique and candid image.
- Fourth, it allows you to document your lifestyle outside of your day-to-day life.
Many camera-shy women prefer to have photoshoots outdoors in order to create expressive outdoor portraits.
What makes outdoor portraits an attractive gift idea?
Outdoor portraits make an attractive gift idea for several reasons.
Get in touch to chat about your e-Gift Card or read my FAQ here.
What happens to make them unique?
When it comes to expressive outdoor portraits, there are a few things that you can expect.
First and foremost, it is important to remember that confidence is key. If you do not feel confident in front of the camera, I will show you exactly what to do, how to hold your body, where to look, what to do with your hand, and even how to smile. With that said, one of the best things about outdoor portraits is that they can help boost your self-esteem. Not only do you look good in the photos, but you also feel good about yourself.
Another thing to keep in mind is that outdoor portraits are typically very easy and fun. There is no need to worry about poses or lighting, as natural light will do all of the work for you. All you need to do is relax and enjoy yourself. Expressive outdoor portraits are a rewarding, exciting, and enjoyable way to build your confidence and self-esteem.
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
- Contact your photographer
- Share photos of the types of photos you’d like to re-create
- I will create a plan for you with clothing suggestions, locations, and times of day to suit your vision
- We will meet in a car park close to home and decide which wardrobe items to use
- We will take a series of photographs
- After reviewing the pictures we move to a new location and possibly change outfits
- The session is fully supported with coaching ideas for poses and expressions
- We finish excited and exhilarated
- 48 hours you will see your proofing gallery
- I am on hand if you’d like guidance on choosing the best photographs
Learn how photography can empower you.
Expressive photography is a powerful art form that has the potential to inspire, change lives and make a difference in the world.
If you have any questions please contact us on +44 (0)7719316609 or use the email below and we will be happy to answer any questions you have or even schedule a complimentary consultation before your women’s photo shoot.
Being Isle of Wight-based, I also conduct business portraits outdoors around Ryde and in my Seaview home studio. Get in touch now.
BOOKING FOR EXPRESSIVE PORTRAITS
Please contact the Isle of Wight Studio on +44 (0)1983 617383
or Mandy on +44 (0)7719316609 email [email protected] or use the contact form below