Take amazing portraits in Isle of Wight parks.
Portrait photography needn’t be complicated or confusing. Below I’ll share how we get great results without fuss.
#1 – Capture the uniqueness of your outlook, life, and loves
Find a photographer that understands the uniqueness of your personality and can honour the connections you have with friends and family.
#2 Beautiful settings
Choose a location that is near to your home, is a place you enjoy visiting often, and reflects your outlook on life. Where you want to meet for your custom portrait experience is totally up to you. Consider somewhere convenient – close to where you live or work. Outdoor locations are perfect, they invite natural expressions, especially near parks, lakes or beaches. You might prefer the comfort of your own home. Most importantly, pick a natural spot that fits your relationships, style, and outlook on life.
#3 Share your vision
What people want is simple – photographs that make you smile every single time you look at them. Communicate with your photographer ahead of time – where you intend to hang your portrait or who is going to receive the images as a present. This will help the photographer prepare for your experience. Arrive early and look forward to the experience. Your photographer will work hard to make an occasion of it.
5 ways to create relaxed portraits:
- go for a walk – this creates a natural posture
- lean against rails – this is a natural gesture and can hide tummies
- tweak your earring, watch, or headband – this gives your hands something to do
- read a book – holding a novel and reading aloud creates genuine smiles
- hum a song under your breath – your eyes will light up as you smile to yourself.
How I’ll look after you
You will be greeted with a warm handshake, a welcoming approach, and a broad smile. Look forward to enjoying yourself with your loved ones whilst participating in one of your favourite activities – we’ll jump right in so as not to lose momentum. Our goal is to create something ‘real’, a portrait that means something to you.
There is nothing better than seeing pictures that you’ve made – portraits that reflect honesty in the way others see you captured forever.
I hope you find these tips helpful and that your next natural portrait session on the Isle of Wight is a hoot. I’d love to know which tip you think is the most helpful.
Amanda Herbert is the premier headshot photographer in Ryde and the Isle of Wight. Known for the genuine expressions she captures in her portraits of camera-shy women and small business owners looking for expressive portraits. Contact her Seaview home studio to book a session.
- Learn about my supportive approach to headshots
- See more of my work as a portrait photographer in Isle of Wight
- Check what I enjoy producing in my home studio, Ryde
- View a typical beach session by Ryde pier
- Read about headshot photography pricing and check availability
Booking for expressive headshots, Ryde
Amanda Herbert | Isle of Wight