You wouldn’t guess it when snapping away with your iphone and posting to instagram but photography is meant to be an expressive medium. Your photos reveal something about how you perceive the world, and your best ones encourage others to share your moments of joy, love and tenderness.
Whether you’re out to capture a warm, confident head shot for social media profiles or simply to document the family together, hiring a professional photographer in London can benefit from following these 3 simple steps.
Easy techniques for booking a portrait photographer
make a statement about your life and loves
1. Choose the right photographer (and feel confident with your decision)
Booking the right photographer for your vision is the first step. You want to feel confident that they have mastery, artistic flair and a gift for engaging you with style, professionalism and enthusiasm.
Ask these 3 questions to help you narrow down your choices.
2. Ask about the session details – you want to know the what, where and how about your session.
Photographer’s love questions. They’re use to answering enquires via FB, on the telephone and even in coffee shops. This article explains why setting goals is important. If you want to show the love between your family or want a flattering profile shot for your new website, tell the photographer what your ‘must have shots’ are.
Which one sounds best?
- “I don’t want to look posed”
- “My website is promoting healthy lifestyles, I want to look fresh, alert and spontaneous!”
3. The clothes you choose do matter (send a photo of your selections to the photographer)
Ask your photographer for their ‘what to wear guide’ or peruse their pinterest boards. As a creative, they will see more completely than others what works well in front of a camera.
- what to wear choices http://www.amandaherbert.com/category/what-to-wear-to-your-london-portrait-session/
- make up tips http://www.pinterest.com/imageobjectif/makeup-tips-for-portrait-sessions/
4. Ask for an early morning or later afternoon slot (the right light makes all the difference).
Look at the photograph below. It was taken around 4pm. I schedule all my portrait sessions in the morning or afternoon. The light and cloud cover creates beautiful, flattering light. I want to produce images that show your zest for life without resorting to Photoshop.
5. Capture the everyday moments, little details matter.
A great portrait will show what it is that makes us feel awake and energised, what it is that makes us all laugh or giggle, and what it is that makes us linger over a photograph time and again. Want the best of everything – stylish, professional and elegant portraits that convey character and expression.
I produce stylish portraits for the modern women that are neither cliched nor formulaic. The portraits in my portfolio are full of character and detail, captured during relaxed sessions that are ever-practical and fun – so they are easy on the purse strings and appreciated by couples or families too.
For more advice on natural portrait sessions or to book a natural portrait by a London photographer, get in touch and I’ll be happy to help.