This session with Inmaculada is the third and final session preview on my blog – there were just too many beautiful images I wanted to share. Here’s the first post on our Gunnersbury Park portrait session.
This particular session was so productive because it was carefully planned from start to finish. Let’s get started and see how I plan natural portrait sessions in London.
“I love all the pictures and there’s a lot of them and of course I’ll write review”, Natural portrait session in London
Gunnersbury Park – How I plan creative sessions
and enjoy working with modern women to create natural portraits
1. Get in touch! The first step is to pick up the phone. Inmaculada got in contact after seeing Maria’s photos (see more from her natural portrait session). She used the contact form on this website, but also sent me a friendly message via Facebook.
Together we set a time and date that would fit into our busy schedules – Inmaculada has just qualified her teaching degree and continues to work full time through the holidays.
2. Planning ahead Once a session is scheduled I do 3 things:
- I email a welcome pack, bursting with ideas from what to wear, when we’ll meet, what to expect and when do you get to see your photographs.
- I share your ‘what to wear magazine’ and ‘make up for photographs’ via dropbox so you feel confident about what happens.
- I ask you to complete a questionnaire ahead of time which helps us break the ice when we first meet (see the professional photography questionnaire here).
3. Share ideas! A week before the session excitement kicks in, especially when I share ideas and inspiration. I sent Inmaculada a link to Gunnersbury Park so she could feel thrilled that I had found the perfect location to suit her personality (thanks to her feedback on the questionnaire).
4. Getting Ready! A couple of days before the session we start getting ready in earnest. Very often nerves are starting to appear, even for the most confident of women and it helps if you take a snap shot of your clothes and send them over.
Other people prefer to browse my pinterest boards, designed to help, guide and inspire my clients. I have wardrobe guides, make up tips and posing guides – check out my boards here.
5. Ask questions! I want to make sure the session is relaxed and highly enjoyable. I encourage you to get in touch if you have any doubts or niggles you’d like to clear up. I’m always here to talk, chat, Skype or email.
6. During your session. I like to laugh, out loud and loudly. Your session is about having fun, creating beautiful pictures and feeling like the star of the show. All the planning and preparation paid off and that is reflected in the photographs.
My style is a mix of natural and urban, because I shoot is outdoors, location plays a key role in beautiful imagery I create during my collaborations.
My aim, in every portrait experience that I deliver to women? I always want to create portraits that are fresh, natural and authentic. I want to show them how great they look in front of the camera.
7. Seeing your photos. Afterwards, everyone wants to see a preview of their photos asap. The thrill of the session lasts long into the day and it’s important that we share our images with friends and family. Facebook, instagram, tumblr – we all love positive comments on our posts.
Let’s face it’s great to feel adored.
Within 48 hours I’ll post a sneak pack on my FB page, add me as a friend so you can tag yourself and show off your fabulous images. Like my fan page here so you’ll be the first to see your sneak peek.
Want to see more of the of the Gunnersbury Park portrait session here?
I produce stylish portraits for the modern women that are neither cliched nor formulaic. The portraits in my portfolio are full of character and detail, captured during relaxed sessions that are ever-practical and fun – so they are easy on the purse strings and appreciated by couples or families too.
For more advice on natural portrait sessions or to book a natural portrait by a London photographer, get in touch and I’ll be happy to help.
Call me for your session 0789 862 1187